How to Sell My Home Fast in Lakewood Colorado and Surrounding Areas
Sellers ask, “how to sell my home fast in Lakewood Colorado, and surrounding areas.” These 5 practical tips for home selling from The Sam Wilson Home Selling Team at EXP Realty will help sell your house fast at the best price.
Hire a Knowledgeable Real Estate Agent: The Sam Wilson Group at EXP
Finding a knowledgeable and trustworthy real estate agent can be a stressful process. Friends may recommend friends. You receive postcards in the mail from realtors. Are you worried about stories of realtors who list homes and then forget about them? The answer to how to sell my home fast in Lakewood, Colorado is to find a knowledgeable real estate agent you can trust. Sam Wilson of The Sam Wilson Group at EXP has been in the real estate business in Lakewood, Colorado, for over 20 years.
Like many professionals, the length of time in a position or an industry leads to a greater level of knowledge and expertise. Finding a realtor that you can trust to sell your home is the first step. The Sam Wilson Group at EXP will calm your worries and streamline the selling process.
5 Tips to Sell My Home Fast
In addition to hiring a knowledgeable real estate agent, these five tips answer the question of how to sell my home fast.
1 Make Your Home An Experience
It’s easy to become attached to your home. Memories of moving in as a young married couple and raising children may be connected to a home. Living room shelves may be filled with picture frames of family and memorabilia like sports pennants and trophies. Crayon drawings cover the refrigerator. A well lived-in home with cozy rooms and special touches is a testament to the love in a family.
The first tip for how to sell my home fast is to make your home an experience that attracts buyers. Is your dining room welcoming for family gatherings? If yes, add a centerpiece to match the season of the year.
Do you have a backyard patio that is great for grilling our outdoor parties? Is the bathtub off the main bedroom a great place for soaking? Add special touches to call attention to areas that make your home attractive to potential buyers.
An essential part of preparing a home for sale is de-cluttering. Removing excess items can make a home appear more spacious. Tip number two for how to sell my home fast is cleaning out clutter. Begin the process by selling things you don’t plan to take with you when you move—recycle or donate. Rent a temporary storage unit if necessary.
Remove family photos, memorabilia, and personal items so that the buyer can imagine his or her family in your home. Place pet items in a closet. Ask your realtor about home staging so that your home makes a positive and lasting impression.
3 A First Impression is the Only Impression
Similar to the idea of making an excellent first impression the first time you meet a person, your house has one chance to make a memorable first impression. Where are the most common places that buyers might see your home?
The third tip for how to sell my home fast is to create a positive impression with the street view of your home and having professional photos or a video taken of the interior and exterior. The Sam Wilson Group at EXP offers clients professional photographs and videos that include the use of a drone that provides an attractive street and an overhead view of your home.
Knowledgeable and experienced realtors can offer additional tips to improve the curbside and interior value of your home. A discussion about how to present and market your home is part of conversations with The Sam Wilson Group. Their experience makes sure that all of the information listed about your home is accurate in the multiple listing service (MLS) and that your home makes a good first impression to attract buyers.
4 Make Your Home Shine
Every home has projects that can improve the value of a home and make it shine. Common repairs for how to sell my home fast include:
- Repair holes in drywall from hanging photos and doorknobs that might have dented walls
- Paint walls in a neutral color
- Check and repair leaky faucets, showerheads, hose bibs, double-check the water heater
- Make sure the front door or main entry to the home is clean and appealing
- Have heating filters changed and make sure the air conditioning is in working order
- Repair cracks in sidewalks or steps, or make sure railings to the entrance of the home are secure
- Check outdoor areas and fences to make sure all is in good condition
- Trim trees or shrubs that might be leaning over the roof of the house and make the yard appealing
- Check the exterior of your home, including the paint, siding, and the roof
A clean home gives a good first impression. Thoroughly clean your home or hire a housekeeping service if possible to pay attention to all of the details.
- Dust and polish furniture, including repairing scratches
- Make sure floorboards, window sills, and doors are free of dust
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors
- Replace worn carpet, refinish wood floors, and treat or reseal other floor areas
- Polish kitchen appliances and faucets
- Make sure the inside of your refrigerator is clean—you never know where visitors will look
- Remove rust stains from sinks, toilets, and shower areas
- Wash curtains and clean draperies if they are dusty
- If you have indoor plants, make sure they are trimmed and healthy
- Clean windows inside and outside the home
- Organize basement shops or work areas
- Organize closets and remove all trash
- Turn on lights or add lighting to dark areas to make rooms appealing
- Make sure your home has a pleasant smell upon entering
- If possible, take pets with you during home showings
- Leave a welcome note on the counter, a couple of bottles of water, and a treat to thank potential buyers
- COVID precautions include having shoe covers, hand wipes or hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and gloves available in the entryway for all visitors along with a wastebasket for easy disposable upon leaving
5 Price Your Home to Sell
Tip 5 for how to sell my home fast is to price your home to sell. It’s easy to become attached to a home and believe that the value is higher than other homes that recently sold in the neighborhood. The Sam Wilson Group at EXP will provide you with a thorough home value report listing comparable home sales in the area and recommends the best price to sell your home.
You probably know that real estate is a competitive business. While the National Association of Realtors Standards of Practice cautions realtors about promising a higher price than the market, this practice to gain business is common and is unethical.
According to NAR The National Association of Realtors:
- REALTORS®, in attempting to secure a listing, shall not deliberately mislead the owner as to market value. (National Association of Realtors Standards of Practice)
If a realtor promises to sell your home for a higher price than comparable homes in your neighborhood, have sold—what other promises will your realtor make?
The Sam Wilson Group at EXP follows the National Association of Realtors Standards of Practice. Sam Wilson, the broker, is a knowledgeable and trustworthy realtor with over twenty years of experience in the real estate business in Lakewood, Colorado, and surrounding areas.
To learn more about The Sam Wilson Group at EXP and their commitment to customer satisfaction, check out What Our Customers Have to Say
Thinking about Buying or Selling a Home?
Are you thinking about buying a home in Lakewood, CO? Get expert real estate advice when house hunting for homes for sale in Lakewood CO, Jefferson County, and the Denver metro area. Work with a buyer’s agent on the Sam Wilson Home Selling Team. If you are thinking of buying or selling a home, we make you a priority and share our expertise to make the home buying or selling process as stress-free as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter—it’s FREE. You will receive real estate tips, trends, and the latest real estate blog posts.
The Sam Wilson Home Selling Team specializes in homes in Lakewood CO, and Jefferson County Colorado, including Arvada, Aspen Park, Conifer, Edgewater, Evergreen, Genesee, Golden, Idledale, Indian Hills, Ken Caryl, Kittredge, Lakeside, Lakewood, Littleton, Morrison, Mountain View, West Pleasant View, and Wheat Ridge.
© 2020 Sam Wilson All Rights Reserved. Article by Pamela D. Wilson MS, BS/BA